Thursday, January 16, 2014
It is a new year. To celebrate the start of 2014, here are some ideas of how you can spruce up your bedroom, making it your special place (away from the chaos of kitchens!)
- Depending on where you live, the winter months can be darker than the summer ones, and mornings waking up to the sun streaming through your curtains can be rare. So you may need to brighten your room up for yourself. Things like bright carpets on the floor – yellow and gold are particularly good for obvious reasons – can inject sunshine into your room. Flowers can also do this on a smaller scale, but the best (Welsh daffodils, for example) aren’t always so easy to come by in winter. Wall art obviously has the effect too. It also allows for more freedom and imagination than carpets of flowers, as putting up a painting or photograph can be like opening a window to another world.
- The bed is of course of particular importance, and also offers the chance to be adventurous. A couple of years ago Ke$ha commissioned the biggest bed in the world. If you are like her, then you can really go crazy with choices from queen-size to king-size to even emperor-size beds. For a good selection you can check out these here. Also don't forget that the mattress is as important as the bed, in terms of getting a good night sleep. Beyond memory foam, there are now also gel foamed mattresses that not only soothe back pain but extract heat.
- Space is always important. If you have the means (and aren’t too bothered about the 4-poster) you can install one of the beds that slides out of the wall at the push of a button. If this isn’t a possibility, there are other options open to you. These can be very simple, for instance, slanting the bed on a diagonal as opposed to a right-angle. Or you could look at things like attaching lights to the wall, to save space on your bedside table.
The bedroom is one of the most important parts of the house, and can have the greatest effect on your mood. So this year, why not make it right. For you.
Posted by Cara at 9:18 AM
Monday, December 2, 2013
Hi Friends! Last week, our baby girl turned one! This past year has been an incredibly journey. The minute I held Chloe in my arms, my heart melted and I felt an overwhelming rush of love. For the first few days I would just stare at her, and I find myself saying, "Wow, she is mine."
I am so excited to be embarking into the "toddler" phase. Chloe has a spunky personality and is interacting with us more and more each day. Yesterday, while at lunch, she was imitating me saying, "Mmmm..." after each bite....It was adorable.
I really enjoyed planning her first birthday. The "theme" was A Royal Celebration. It was fitting because we call her Princess Baby as her nickname (among many others). Chloe, Kevin and I had so much fun, and we were happy to share the day with friends and family. It especially made us so happy to see Chloe "beaming" all day. She knew the party was for her and she just loved all of the attention! (She lives for the applause!)
Chloe's Dress: Janie and Jack
Chloe's Tiara: J.Crew
Grey and White Leopard Chair: Pottery Barn Kids
Cupcake Napkins and Paper Goods: Target
Gold and Crystal Cake Stand: HomeGoods
Linens, Tables, and Chairs : Ocean Tents and Party Rentals
Flowers: Arranged by Me
Princess Towel: Target
Photos by Paul Acquasanta
Posted by Cara at 6:19 AM
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Whether you've been naughty or nice this year, there is surely something than you can tempt Santa into sending your way. From cutting edge tech to reindeer-themed sweats, 2013 looks set to be a bumper Christmas. Take a look then at our tips for some wonderful gifts this holiday season.
- Fashion There is always a huge selection of winter fashion to choose for that all-important Christmas party. And of course, a well selected item of clothing also makes a wonderful gift. Why not join in with the festive sweater swing with one of these choice items of Christmas kitsch.
- Bling Nothing says "happy birthday Jesus” like a bit of bling – after all gold was one of the original gifts. However, if the enduring yellow metal is just a little cliché, why not splash out on a pearl necklace – another one of nature's gifts to us. The run up to Christmas is getting close and so to is the excitement surrounding retailer Mesenso whose beautiful selection of jewellery is sure to please.
- Tech With the media obsessing over the virtual arms race between Sony Playstation 4 and the Xbox One, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the tech world is all about the 40 year old kids. However, with new smartphones from Yota, LG and of course the iconic Apple you'll find that you'll have an app for everything.
- Music/Film With new albums from One Direction, Britney Spears, R. Kelly and Brendan Benson being released in the run up to Christmas, you're sure to find something to please the pop princess in the house. However, if you're looking for something a little less vapid then Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds "Live From KCRW” is out on November 29th.
- Books A number of high profile books have recently been released in time for Christmas. The imaginatively titled "My Autobiography” by Alex Ferguson has already proved both popular and controversial in equal measure. Fiction offerings from J.K Rowling and John Grisham are also high on the bestsellers list and of course, anyone looking to bring a little steam into the bedroom should grab themselves a copy of the polarising Fifty Shades of Grey.
Posted by Cara at 9:09 AM
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
- Chloe loves to hide under tables- so this tee-pee is calling her name!
- She has the book, so why not have the Angelina Ballerina doll to go with it
- LOVE the little fringe booties!
- Last winter Chloe wore her cozy white sweater everyday! This one is adorable- love the blue and pink stripe
- Everyone needs a pom pom hat
- The Gap makes the best onzies
- Chloe loves stripes- this is peplum sweater is adorbs
- These bibs are perfect for a #princessbaby
- I still haven't found a better option for warth and comfort then Uggs
- Pink velour skinnies!
- Bunny Ruffle Top
- Have you seen anything cuter then these Cheetah Booties??!!
Moms- I need your help! Chloe started walking last week and I am in search of some everyday walking shoes...any suggestions?!
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
I saw this overcoat and instantly fell in love. I'm always searching for a coat that you can just throw on over jeans or leggings that doesn't look to bulky. The best part is I was surprised when I saw the price (in a good way).
Overcoat available HERE
Our baby girl is 11 months today! She is on the brink of walking and very "busy" exploring new things. She is obsessed with fans- and she understands that the lights go on and off by turning the switch. Needless to say when people drive pass our house they probably think the fairies, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather at at our house.
I started planning her first birthday party...it is going to be "royal." Can't wait to share the details with you all!
Posted by Cara at 7:57 AM